Animal Haus Daycare & Boarding
Welcome to Animal Haus Daycare & Boarding at Queen West Animal Hospital!
Designed with the Queen West dog and cat in mind, Animal Haus offers both open concept and suite living for dogs and expandable and connectable condo spaces for cats.
- Six luxury suites and four runs for single or multiple dogs that need their own space for some or all of the day
- A vast, high-ceiling, naturally-lit open concept play and sleep area for social dogs
- A dedicated cat boarding room with connectable and expandable cat condos, and a play area separate from all dog boarding areas
- Trained and dedicated staff onsite 24 hours a day to look after your pets’ needs (including a Registered Veterinary Technician overseeing all boarding operations)
- A self-watering station for dogs both big and small
- In-house group dog walking at no extra charge
- A dedicated bathing and drying area means clean pets upon their return home
- Elevator access for older or less able boarders
- Access to veterinary care only one level below
- Partnered services with neighbouring businesses including day treks, grooming and rehab
- A 150 square foot outdoor dog walk-out lined with K9 Grass and views of the city skyline
As pet owners in Toronto already know, onsite overnight boarding in the city center is nonexistent due to municipal bylaws. As part of Queen West Animal Hospital, however, Animal Haus Daycare & Boarding makes downtown, onsite dog and cat boarding a reality. We are therefore very excited to add this important service to our hospital’s already extensive portfolio.
To download the following documents prior to your daycare or boarding experience, please click and print. Thanks!
- DAYCARE & OVERNIGHT BOARDING WAIVER
- DAYCARE & BOARDING VETERINARIAN RELEASE FORM
- DOG HAUS DAYCARE & BOARDING ENROLLMENT FORM – CURRENT CLIENT
- DOG HAUS DAYCARE & BOARDING ENROLLMENT FORM – NEW CLIENT
- CAT HAUS BOARDING ENROLLMENT FORM
- CAT HAUS BOARDING VETERINARY RELEASE FORM
- CAT HAUS BOARDING WAIVER
Your Pets Are Our People
ANIMAL HAUS at QUEEN WEST ANIMAL HOSPITAL is a state-of-the-art dog and cat overnight boarding and daycare facility in the heart of downtown Toronto. We love hanging out with your pets and are located just upstairs from NOW Magazine’s Best Animal Hospital of Toronto. For dog owners, we offer both open-concept and suite-style boarding, with a large play space, included walks and an outdoor play space. For cat owners, we offer single and shared condos as well as a communal play area. Come by and ask for a tour! We’d love to show you around.
- We strive to provide every dog and cat with a home away from home experience during his or her stay with us.
- We are committed to providing a safe, clean, fun and enriched environment for every dog and cat during his or her stay.
- We consider your pets as equal members of your family, just as they are to us.
- We are pet owners who treat your pets the same way we want our own treated
- Boarding staff are onsite 24/7!
- Drop offs and pick-ups are available from 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM
- Rates are charged per day
- We offer open-concept, run and suite boarding
- Suites and runs are based on availability, and are best suited to the more timid dog or a dog whom may not play well with others
- Open-concept boarding is best suited to dogs who appreciate the company and playtime interaction of other dogs
- Self-filling water bowls in each suite and custom doggy water fountains (for little and big dogs) in the open-concept area
- Our boarding staff are available to feed your dogs on any schedule
- We are able to feed raw!
- Kuranda dog beds throughout plus additional bedding/blankets for comfort
- Staff on site 24/7
- Four brand new cat condos available with flexible condo-sharing options
- Available anytime for drop-offs and pick-ups
- Rates are charged per day
- Water changed as many times needed throughout the day
- Cats get free run of the room twice daily (one at a time)
- We use Feliway calming spray to help each cat feel comfortable
- Classical music played throughout the facility
- Drop-offs and pick-ups between 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM seven days a week
- Indoor accommodations include:
- Easy access let out area,
- “Lick-it” water station
- Collapsible dog runs for easy lunch feeding
- Spacious open-concept area
- Collapsible walls to separate dogs with different energy levels
- Client-accessible cameras in all spaces, including suites
- Plenty of space to run and play!
- One to two group walks per day depending on energy level. Most dogs will tire themselves out playing indoors but they always love the fresh air while stretching their legs in and around Trinity-Bellwoods park
- We use martingale collars for every dog as well as a SENSE-ible harness with a leash attached to each as a safety precaution
- Midday naptime to avoid over-stimulation and injury
- Classical music playing throughout the day to make dogs feel more comfortable
Please click here for current pricing info.
When can I drop off and pick up my pet?
- Anytime between 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM.
- Please book with us over the phone or through email.
- Please use the buzzer to the left of the Strachan door to call boarding staff.
Can I take a tour of the facility before I book?
- Absolutely! Please book tours and meet and greet (with dogs) through email or phone.
What is required to book boarding?
- For dogs, call ahead to book a meet and greet. From there, we will provide documentation to be completed ideally before your pet’s stay.
- For cats, a meet and greet is not required – just call or email us to book your stay.
What is a meet and greet?
- This brief get to know each other meeting lasts approximately fifteen minutes and is designed to get to know your dog as well as determine if they are suited for daycare or boarding at Animal Haus. Please remember to bring your dog with you!
What happens if my dog is sick or injured at the facility after clinic hours?
- Outside of clinic hours, we ask that you have two emergency contacts available to pick up your pet to be transferred to an emergency hospital.
Will you be able to administer medications for my pet during their stay?
- Our skilled staff are more than able to administer all medications to Animal Haus guests!
Are there discounts if I have multiple pets?
- Yes, please see pricing.
How far in advance should I book my stay?
- We recommend 1-2 weeks in advance for boarding, 3-4 days in advance for daycare. The earlier the better to ensure your stay at Animal Haus.
Who provides food for my pets stay?
- We ask each owner to provide food for their pets stay to avoid unwanted gastrointestinal issues.
What happens if I forget my pets’ food for their stay?
- If you forget their food or didn’t bring enough, we provide food at an affordable daily rate.
Can you feed my dog raw food?
- We will happily feed your dog anything of your choosing, including foods that must be kept in the refrigerator or freezer.
Can I bring personal items for my pets’ stay?
- You may bring a blanket or bed to help a nervous dog feel more comfortable which can stay with them at all times if they are staying in a suite. When they are in open-concept, most dogs are happy to hang out and be comforted by one of our staff members.
Do you accept dogs that are not neutered or spayed?
- All dogs and cats must be spayed and neutered and up-to-date on vaccinations.
How often do dogs get to go outside?
- Dogs staying overnight will enjoy 2-4 walks per day depending on energy level. Daycare dogs receive 1-3 group walks per day and all dogs staying at our facility have unlimited access to our outdoor play area.
Do you offer drop-offs and pick-ups?
- We apologize, at this time, we’re unable to offer mobile drop-offs or pick-ups.
Queen West Animal Hospital is located in the heart of the Queen West neighbourhood in downtown Toronto.
|Every Day||7:00am – 9:30pm|
Queen West Animal Hospital is closed every other Wednesday from 1 to 3pm for continuing education. Because we love it.
We will be closed on Victoria Day (May 21), Canada Day (July 1), Civic Day (August 6), Labour Day (September 3) and Thanksgiving Day (October 8).